• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

roll over on interactive button goes to text box

New Here ,
Mar 30, 2020 Mar 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I'm trying to create a rollover button but as soon as I select rollover, the link goes to the text box rather than the button. I think I'm following every step to the T, but for some reason the button graphic isn't getting the rollover - it's going to the text box. How can I fix this?

like this: rollover.PNG

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 22, 2020 Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dhara,

I like to help, but I need more details about your button setup.

Can you show all the states one by one and the Button Panel visible?
Together with the layers panel showing the details of the selected objects.

Thanks,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the button's for an Interactive PDF, it may not work on some devices and under some readers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the diamond shape a placed graphic, frame, or font? If it is a graphic, and you want to change the color for the rollover appearance, you will not be able to colorize it directly in Indesign. A font or frame you can.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 25, 2020 Apr 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Rollovers are JavaScripts, and (in InDesign) you can't restrict these to just text. They'll always take control over a whole item, like a whole text frame, or in your case the apparent group of the diamond and text together (see the dashed line). The visual effect (in the Hover State) can nevertheless affect just the diamond, or text frame, or both. Just click through from the button wrapper to the group and subsequently the inner elements (diamond and text frame), to select and edit their individual appearance.

NoteJavaScrips are very fragile in PDFs (many PDF viewers won't activate them). And users won't be able to trigger them on touch devices. So keep the effect to non-crucial indications !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines