• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rollover Button doesn't work both on preview and epub

New Here ,
Apr 16, 2021 Apr 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working on a class project and it's a kiosk menu. We were taugth to use buttons and how convert an image/shape to a button. I use png images for the buttons. I use effects on rollover states such as glow/shadows.I've done all the instructions correctly but the rollover state doesn't work when I try the Preview EPUB. I tried to export the project to EPUB (Fixed Layout) incase that it works when exported, but the rollover state still doesn't appear.

TOPICS
EPUB

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try InDesign's Publish Online facility.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agree with Derek, try Publish Onine. You can use buttons and all of InDesign's other interactivity features. Check out these examples of creative, interactive documents, all done with InDesign and Publish Online: http://bit.ly/PubOnCollection

Keep in mind, too, that rollover only works on desktop computers which have a mouse. Most tablets and phones don't support rollover effects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2021 Apr 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is I can't publish online because the account I'm using is from the school. It says,"This feature isn't available because your organization has enabled sharing restrictions."
Plus, I need to export it to EPUB in order to submit it because those were my professor's instructions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which ePub readers and devices are you checking your FXL ePub on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would never attempt to use rollovers in this day and age where almost everything is consumed on mobile devices. You can't roll over anything with a finger.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may want to take a look at in5, a Plugin that exports HTML 5 out of your InDesign layout. That way you can post the inteactive layout to the sdchool's website or use it locally with any browser. 

Here's a link to see how it works: https://ajarproductions.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Unfortunately, that won't work on an iPad. Works great on Windows devices though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines