Highlighted

Rollovers and bookmarks stop working in Interactive PDF after opening URL's from document

New Here ,
Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there!

I have a problem with my interactive PDF. I've made some rollovers and bookmarks in my PDF. And they work just fine. But I also added some URL links in the document. Also working fine. But once I've opened a URL, and go back to the interactive PDF, the rollovers and bookmarks stop working. Is there a solution for this problem? 

Thanks for your help!

Topics

Bug, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Rollovers and bookmarks stop working in Interactive PDF after opening URL's from document

New Here ,
Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there!

I have a problem with my interactive PDF. I've made some rollovers and bookmarks in my PDF. And they work just fine. But I also added some URL links in the document. Also working fine. But once I've opened a URL, and go back to the interactive PDF, the rollovers and bookmarks stop working. Is there a solution for this problem? 

Thanks for your help!

Topics

Bug, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can have a word or words or an image (such as a button shape) as a document hyperlink to say another page in the document, or to an external website.
Some devices, for example, iPads, don't have rollover capability – only click – you should avoid multi-action buttons  like On Click, On Roll Over, etc.  Multi-state object (MSO) don’t work at all in an Interactive PDFs.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply Derek, I'm applying rollovers and hyperlinks in differtent parts of the document (not on the same word/words/images). And they all work. But after I've opened a hyperlinnk and then return to the PDF, the rollovers stop working. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tested it on a tablet or smart phone, you may have issues on these devices.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The entire document doesn't work on tablets or phones, because off the rollovers offcourse. But that's not a problem. We are making a mobile app for these devices with the same info as in my interactive PDF. So I just want it to work on laptop/pc.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines