Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Roundtrip Indesign to Word Endnote number get disappear

Participant ,
Jul 30, 2018 Jul 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ALL

While Exporting the Content from Indesign to word, file which has Endnote feature. Endnote number are missing while extracting the content. Any update for this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 30, 2018 Jul 30, 2018

No.
Just that using a 3rd-party plug-in like WordsFlow for CC 2018 will manage this:

http://emsoftware.com/products/wordsflow/

Regards,
Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 30, 2018 Jul 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No.
Just that using a 3rd-party plug-in like WordsFlow for CC 2018 will manage this:

http://emsoftware.com/products/wordsflow/

Regards,
Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2018 Nov 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

What I do is to re-build the document in Word from zero. This is the only way to give to my client an easily editable and well functioning file and to make shure that my graphic design is not going to be "destryed" by the client (because I protect it in Word).

This is what i do and it works very well!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2020 Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Adobe Indesign 16.0.1 (on a macOS Catalina 10.15.6) and I have a problem with the endnotes. I imported them from Word, organized and gave them a style. I started to add more notes and at the beginning, everything was fine at one point I added a new endnote and the rest of them has disappeared. All the pages where there were the endnotes are empty and on the last page, I have the red square with the plus sign indicating that there is more text (Overset text). I tried to add 100 pages to my document to see if they were pushed to further pages, but I couldn't find them and every time I linked the text frame to the next one there was always the Overset text error. It looks like the endnotes have been pushed to the infinite.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 03, 2020 Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Marco,

I think, your problem is a different one than the issue description of forum member gansanban in the first post.

What may have happened to your text:

Because of some "formatting" you created a permanent overset text deadlock.

A likely cause for this is formatting like "No Break" to one paragraph instead perhaps to one word.

Or perhaps you surpressed hyphenation at all.

FWIW: Recently permanent overset of text happened to someone with footnote text where a very long URL that could not break was inserted.

So look up the text in the Story Editor Window by selecting the text frame showing the overset indicator and press Cmd + y or Ctrl + y to invoke the Story Editor Window. Also see the help pages. Scroll down to Use the Story Editor here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/user-guide.html/indesign/using/editing-text.ug.html

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

// EDITED

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines