Roundtripping Hebrew/English between InDesign and Word

Dec 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Over the years, I have put together various song sheets and other ephemera and hosted them online for people to download and use. I haven't put ID files online, thinking that most people don't have access to it, so I'm not helping anyone but professional designers (and hobbyists such as myself). So, everything is uploaded as pdf. What I'd love to do is export materials to word, with my layout, so that they will be of more editable use to people. So far, I have not found a way, neither using tables or separate columns, to sanely round trip things Word -> ID -> Word and retain enough formatting to be worth the trouble.

Has anyone noticed what I have not? Is there are way that works comfortably for you?

Wordsflow from Em Software is your only real hope here. I won't swear for it in RTL languages, though.

TOPICS
How to, Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Roundtripping Hebrew/English between InDesign and Word

Dec 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Over the years, I have put together various song sheets and other ephemera and hosted them online for people to download and use. I haven't put ID files online, thinking that most people don't have access to it, so I'm not helping anyone but professional designers (and hobbyists such as myself). So, everything is uploaded as pdf. What I'd love to do is export materials to word, with my layout, so that they will be of more editable use to people. So far, I have not found a way, neither using tables or separate columns, to sanely round trip things Word -> ID -> Word and retain enough formatting to be worth the trouble.

Has anyone noticed what I have not? Is there are way that works comfortably for you?

Wordsflow from Em Software is your only real hope here. I won't swear for it in RTL languages, though.

TOPICS
How to, Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 29, 2020 0
Dec 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 29, 2020 0