• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Running header disappeared

Engaged ,
Apr 28, 2021 Apr 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a running header which applies first character style on page.

It was appearing on the normal page but has now disappeared but i don't know why.

Any suggestions?

Please see attachments.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Summayah5FC7,

Can you share a sample InDesign document for us to have a look at it.

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please find attached.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are talking about page 3, then I see no problem, the box has a character ( as running header because that is the first character that has None character style applied to it. See my screen recording showing the styles applied on that page. For other pages like 5 onwards it's picking the text from the anchored box which I am not sure if it is a documented behavior

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mnn3qgfybmwcpta/screen%20recording%202021-04-28%20at%206.58.51%20pm.mov?dl...

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have chosen the "running header character style" to appear as the running header. 

I am not sure why it is choosing another character style.

I've just created another text variable which seems to have solved the problem. Again i don't really know why it didn't do it with the built in text variable.

Thank you for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The inbuilt running header you used initially that I looked at has been defined to look for [None] character style. You can see its definition by clicking the edit button in the dialog that you used to create the new running header variable. So it's working as it has been defined

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Apr 30, 2021 Apr 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My advice:

Don't use character style "None" for the running header.

Instead, create one distinct character style and give it a name that won't confuse you.

After that assign this style only to the text you want to appear in the running header

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines