• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Running header problem

New Here ,
Dec 07, 2020 Dec 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working on a book design where the running header in one single chapter chooses to show the title of an earlier chapter rather than the actual chapter. It starts fine on the chapter's first page, but then on the next spread it gets weird. All text boxes are linked together and it works fine throughout the book except for this chapter, which isn't that long so I can fix it manually in the final design, but it's just so annoying!

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Hi Jocke,

hm, something must be different…

Maybe the document is slightly damaged?
Maybe you discovered a bug?

You could try to export to IDML and open the IDML file as document, save with a new name and see if that helps.

Sorry. I have no better idea for now.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 07, 2020 Dec 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jocke,

are you sure that you have applied the same master page on all the shown document pages?

( I assume that the instances of your running header text variables are positioned on master pages. )

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Uwe!

Yes, I have the same master page, and yes, the variables are positioned on this. Works fine on all the other pages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jocke,

hm, something must be different…

Maybe the document is slightly damaged?
Maybe you discovered a bug?

You could try to export to IDML and open the IDML file as document, save with a new name and see if that helps.

Sorry. I have no better idea for now.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2020 Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi again Uwe!

I did the export to IDML and opened that file but the problem remained. But I made a manual fix! Thanks for your support!

Best,

Jocke

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines