Highlighted

Running Headers Reverting

Contributor ,
Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Guys,

We use running headers all the time, literally in just about every master we create with a running head, almost always we have it pointing to a paragraph style, have never had an issue.

We're modifying files from another publisher and adding our usual running headers, footers, actually. The page has "Lesson #" in the running foot, where the number increments at various places throughout the file. We're adding a tiny "invisible" paragraph (paragraph style of TRF) under a heading in the text flow which contains the text for the running foot, on the master is a "Running Header (Paragraph Style" variable looking at the TRF style.

First file is fine, works as expected. Second file works EXCEPT when the TRF paragraph is set on a recto page, THEN the next verso running footer reverts back to the PREVIOUS TRF. Doesn't seem to matter whether the variable is set to first or last on page. Again, another file with very similar setup is fine, the text in the TRF persists in the footer until the next TRF.

I can't for the life of me find the difference between the two files. Has anyone seen this behavior?

Thanks for reading,
Ken

Topics

Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Running Headers Reverting

Contributor ,
Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Guys,

We use running headers all the time, literally in just about every master we create with a running head, almost always we have it pointing to a paragraph style, have never had an issue.

We're modifying files from another publisher and adding our usual running headers, footers, actually. The page has "Lesson #" in the running foot, where the number increments at various places throughout the file. We're adding a tiny "invisible" paragraph (paragraph style of TRF) under a heading in the text flow which contains the text for the running foot, on the master is a "Running Header (Paragraph Style" variable looking at the TRF style.

First file is fine, works as expected. Second file works EXCEPT when the TRF paragraph is set on a recto page, THEN the next verso running footer reverts back to the PREVIOUS TRF. Doesn't seem to matter whether the variable is set to first or last on page. Again, another file with very similar setup is fine, the text in the TRF persists in the footer until the next TRF.

I can't for the life of me find the difference between the two files. Has anyone seen this behavior?

Thanks for reading,
Ken

Topics

Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Have something to add?