• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Same color looks different in different InDesign files

Community Beginner ,
Jul 08, 2021 Jul 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The attached 'Correct.indd' file displays the correct color (#2DC3D0) in the circle, but when I open a new Indesign file and try to use the same exact color, they look very different (as shown in the 'Incorrect.indd' file). I have checked that both color settings are exactly the same, as seen in this screenshot:

Screen Shot 2021-07-06 at 5.52.06 PM.png

I have also checked that the Transparency Blend Space is set to "Document RGB" in both files. Why do they look different??? Please help!

Thank you

TOPICS
Bug , Publish online

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 08, 2021 Jul 08, 2021

Actually the document titled Correct has no profiles assigned, and the version named Incorrect has sRGB assigned. Make sure you assign tha same profile to both via Edit>Assign profiles—Color Settings doesn’t necessarily color manage existing documents.

Here my Color Settings Working space is not set to sRGB and the same RGB values display differently:

Screen Shot 37.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm! They look pretty identical on my machine, but I have an older version of ID and had to convert down. That makes me wonder if the proof settings are different - if it is the document preview that is different, not the embedded color itself. Do they both have the same settings under View -> Proof Setup and Proof Color?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They are both set to "Document - CMYK - U.S. Web Coated (SWOP) v2" under Proof Setup. 

Thanks for your response!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m also getting matching values (Hex and RGB) as well as matching appearance:

Screen Shot 36.png

Can you post a screen capture of the documents and their title bars together showing the difference?

Also, neither document has an assigned RGB profile. Documents with no profile assignment fall back to the current Color Settings’ Working Spaces, but you really should assign the desired profile (Edit>Assign Profiles...) rather than assuming the Working Spaces will be correct everytime the file is opened.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually the document titled Correct has no profiles assigned, and the version named Incorrect has sRGB assigned. Make sure you assign tha same profile to both via Edit>Assign profiles—Color Settings doesn’t necessarily color manage existing documents.

Here my Color Settings Working space is not set to sRGB and the same RGB values display differently:

Screen Shot 37.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AH YES THAT'S IT!! Thank you so much! 

When you're working on something for web should that profile generally always be set to "Adobe RGB 1998"?

Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No embed sRGB.

The major web browsers display HTML hex colors, and images with no embedded profile as sRGB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2022 Aug 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found that the Transparency Blend Spaces were different when I had this issue. Make sure they're both set to Document RGB!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 18, 2022 Aug 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Bobjenningscreative ,

Thanks for reaching out and sharing the suggestions, I am sure it will help other community members. In addition to this, I also found this article which has more information. 

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 25, 2023 May 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

i had the same issue but it was not the profile as chosen as the correct answer (mine were the same between the documents) but actually the transparency blend space was different betweent the documents.  hope that helps someone that has a similar problem.

Brian5C49_0-1685034129683.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines