Highlighted

same font could not be embedded in the pdf document in new version of indesign

New Here ,
Jul 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

for 2 years i used my one created fonts in indesign with no problem exporting to pdf documents, but in the latest version of indesign cc it shows an error exporting due to licensing restrictions.

InDesign_2020-07-05_06-26-11.png

this is the font

explorer_2020-07-05_06-27-51.png

how can i resolve this issue?

thanks.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Laubender | Adobe Community Professional

Hi G_Fares,

one thing to add: Test your fonts in earlier versions of InDesign.

CC 2019 is available through the Creative Cloud Desktop App if you do not have it already installed.

Versions before CC 2019 are not visible there if you do not have them installed. So if you started your project with e.g. InDesign CC 2018 and uninstalled that version you have no direct access. A chance would be to download the CC 2018 installer from there:

https://prodesigntools.com/adobe-cc-2018-direct-download-links.html

But it could be that you will not be able to get the latest bug fix for CC 2018.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

same font could not be embedded in the pdf document in new version of indesign

New Here ,
Jul 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

for 2 years i used my one created fonts in indesign with no problem exporting to pdf documents, but in the latest version of indesign cc it shows an error exporting due to licensing restrictions.

InDesign_2020-07-05_06-26-11.png

this is the font

explorer_2020-07-05_06-27-51.png

how can i resolve this issue?

thanks.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Laubender | Adobe Community Professional

Hi G_Fares,

CC 2019 is available through the Creative Cloud Desktop App if you do not have it already installed.

Versions before CC 2019 are not visible there if you do not have them installed. So if you started your project with e.g. InDesign CC 2018 and uninstalled that version you have no direct access. A chance would be to download the CC 2018 installer from there:

But it could be that you will not be able to get the latest bug fix for CC 2018.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 04, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jul 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try to embed only a subset, not editable, not complete.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 05, 2020 1
New Here ,
Jul 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How to do it?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 05, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, i did what you suggest, but not working

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 13, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jul 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is your version (numbers please, not "latest")?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 05, 2020 1
New Here ,
Jul 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

version 15.1.1

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 05, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quote: "for 2 years i used my one created fonts in indesign"

Just confirming: you created the font 1 HEN Regular with FontCreator font software?

And it embedded into PDFs correctly before you upgraded to InDesign 15.1.1?

If the above is correct, then most likely something has changed somewhere:

• Maybe InDesign requires an additional setting (or an update to an original setting) in order to recognize that it's embedabble.
  • Maybe InDesign is looking for your fonts in a different folder.
  • Maybe something needs to be updated in your font file to conform to InDesign's (new) requirements.

I can't add more to my colleagues' excellent suggestions above. And there has been an increase in the number of font problems in InDesign's latest releases, so I think something has changed for everyone. We just aren't privvy to what that change is!

Suggestions:

• Make sure your font is installed correctly. InDesign is getting more particular about where they are on your hard drive. Try copying them to the Fonts Folder inside the InDesign application folder (reboot your computer afterwards to clear out old font cache). See https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/using/using-fonts.html
  • Upgrade your version of FontCreator and re-export your font, reinstall it on your system, and try to embed the font again.
  • Check with FontCreator to see if they have any insight into this problem.

Bevi Chagnon | Designer & Technologist for Accessible InDesign + PDFs | Books @ www.PubCom.com/books — NEW! Accessible InDesign + PDF

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 13, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi G_Fares,

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 14, 2020 0