• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Save and overwrite

New Here ,
Jan 06, 2021 Jan 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got an issue after updating to macOS Big Sur. I can't save and overwrite indesign files (command S) any longer. I have to save it whit a new name. Is there an option I overlooked somewhere?

TOPICS
How to , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of InDesign are you using? Only InDesign CC 2021 (Version 16x) is fully compatible with Big Sur.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Hanne By:

Are you opening InDesign files created on a earlier version of InDesign than you are using now? If so, this is normal behavior and has nothing to do with the operating system.

For example, when you open a file in InDesign 2021 that was created in say, InDesign 2019, the file will be converted automatically to the current version. If you glance up at the Tab bar, you will see the word [CONVERTED] next to the file name. InDesign is going to force you to think about how you save the file so that you don't wipe out the older version, in case you need to return to that older version. It will present the Save as dialog box instead of Save, the very first time you save it.

~Barb 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines