Highlighted

Saving document as .idml, them InDesign says unable to open because of missing plugin

New Here ,
Apr 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been working for four hours in an InDesign journal layout. Saved it as an .idml so others can edit it. Saved it with no problems, then reopened it to check a detail. InDesign gives me a message that it's unable to open it because of a missing plugin or that it's open in another place. I need to open it or start over again. Any ideas why it got twitchy?

Thanks,

Mike

Topics

Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Saving document as .idml, them InDesign says unable to open because of missing plugin

New Here ,
Apr 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been working for four hours in an InDesign journal layout. Saved it as an .idml so others can edit it. Saved it with no problems, then reopened it to check a detail. InDesign gives me a message that it's unable to open it because of a missing plugin or that it's open in another place. I need to open it or start over again. Any ideas why it got twitchy?

Thanks,

Mike

Topics

Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

InDesign version and OS?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,
Apr 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you reopen the INDD you also saved (?)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you able to open your back-up INDD version(s)?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines