Highlighted

Saving older versions of InDesign

New Here ,
Jul 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everybody, mi client uses a platform for upload their files to a repro agency. The problem is that we need to share this files in InDesign CS5 with the extension indd, not a idml. Is there an option? Can anybody help us? Thanks in advance.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Barb Binder | Adobe Community Professional

Are you saying that your client is working with a printer who is insisting that they deliver .indd files in CS5 format? That's 10-year old software and it doesn't run on modern operating systems.

My first suggestion is to look for a new printer. My second suggestion is to reach how to them directly and ask them how they would like you to accomplish this. Perhaps they can help you can track down an old computer with CS5 so that you can save your current InDesign file as .idml, open it on that computer and then save it as CS5 .indd. 

~Barb 

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Saving older versions of InDesign

New Here ,
Jul 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everybody, mi client uses a platform for upload their files to a repro agency. The problem is that we need to share this files in InDesign CS5 with the extension indd, not a idml. Is there an option? Can anybody help us? Thanks in advance.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Barb Binder | Adobe Community Professional

Are you saying that your client is working with a printer who is insisting that they deliver .indd files in CS5 format? That's 10-year old software and it doesn't run on modern operating systems.

My first suggestion is to look for a new printer. My second suggestion is to reach how to them directly and ask them how they would like you to accomplish this. Perhaps they can help you can track down an old computer with CS5 so that you can save your current InDesign file as .idml, open it on that computer and then save it as CS5 .indd. 

~Barb 

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 01, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

~Barb 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 01, 2020 1
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jul 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Barb's given you the long answer...the short answer is no.

Even if you could do it, the text would probably reflow all over and any new features would be lost or mangle.

If you can't send PDFs, every now and then you have to fire a client.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 02, 2020 0