Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Script error after changing the operating system

Engaged ,
Apr 09, 2021 Apr 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

I´m working with an iMac (macOS mojave, InDesign CC19 version 14.0.2) in the office and a windows pc at home (win10, InDesign CC19 version 14.0.3).

Now it happens for the first time, that the script I made in the office and worked well doesn't work properly at home. It has a problem with the variable in a for-loop. The error message is: "undefined is not an object" So after a while the content of the variable disappears... 😞

Update (as I write these lines I was trying to solve the problem): It was a variable in a loop that I didn't define as global. It was not recognized in a function. It didn't report an error on macOS, but it didn't work perfectly either. With Windows the error message came immediately.

Although for me the issue is solved, I poste this, maybe it can help anybody. If somebody think it isn't worth to keep, just feel free to delete the posting.

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 09, 2021 Apr 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

HI,

It would probably be useful to post your code before and after so that anyone finding this post can see the changes that you made and then hopefully be able to update their code.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines