• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Script for avoiding rivers

Community Beginner ,
Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 10,000 names that need to be flowed into multiple linked text boxes. As the names are different lengths, I am getting some bad rivers. I'd like to find a script that will re-arrange the names (they don't have to be in any particular order), in order to best minimize bad rivers. Hope this makes sense.

Any ideas, anyone?

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Word and letter spacing for justified text is controlled by the paragraph’s Justification and Composer settings. Changing those setting will affect the rivers. Can you post a screen capture?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I know that. I need a script that will re-arrange the words, within the same space, in order to minimize the rivers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not aware of such a script. It's not easy, and will be slow to run because you need to get all the spaces on a page and work out where they are and which ones overlap partially ('partially' should be defined) for a defined number of lines. It'll be quite a challenge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Peter
Yes, I thought it might be a difficult thing to achieve. Way too hard for me to attempt. If you should come across such a script please let me know... it could save me days of work!
Thanks again
David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines