Highlighted

Script Help! InDesign 2020 use ONLY user>library>fonts??

Explorer ,
May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok for those who have upgraded to Catalina - we know that there are font issue. The specifi issue for me was foreign and system fonts appearing in the InDesign font list. what made this issue worse is that its near impossible to get rid of those fonts (ugh Catalina).

Yes there are work arounds. You can mark you chosen fonts as "favorites" aand filter out any font you dont want - it works but its cumbersome to setup and might not work with everyones workflow. Or you can use a third party font manager which will cost $$

Would it be possible for someone to write and InDesign script that would tell InDesign 2020 to only use the fonts from  user>library>fonts?? I guess it would be a startup script.

Can anyone do this please! 

Topics

Performance, Scripting, Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Script Help! InDesign 2020 use ONLY user>library>fonts??

Explorer ,
May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok for those who have upgraded to Catalina - we know that there are font issue. The specifi issue for me was foreign and system fonts appearing in the InDesign font list. what made this issue worse is that its near impossible to get rid of those fonts (ugh Catalina).

Yes there are work arounds. You can mark you chosen fonts as "favorites" aand filter out any font you dont want - it works but its cumbersome to setup and might not work with everyones workflow. Or you can use a third party font manager which will cost $$

Would it be possible for someone to write and InDesign script that would tell InDesign 2020 to only use the fonts from  user>library>fonts?? I guess it would be a startup script.

Can anyone do this please! 

Topics

Performance, Scripting, Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick,

I guess that writing and testing such a script would cost you much more than a font management software like e.g. Suitcase Fusion which currently is 84$ per year.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines