Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Script Issues

New Here ,
Apr 16, 2021 Apr 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have just had CS5 installed on my new works laptop (Windows10) but when I copy over the scripts from my old laptop CS5 (Windows7) they no longer run and giving me the error:

image.png

Nothing has changed in the script as it's exactly the same one I was using and running perfectly on my old laptop.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Many thanks in advance 🙂

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a Mac user, but I should think your 10-year-old version of InDesign would not be compatible with Windows 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi defaulttcn46ypa0b4u,

I can only tell that I also have issues with VB scripts on a current Windows 10.

No error message though. Just a sound and nothing works. That's with InDesign 2021.

FWIW:

For me this is a non-issue, because I always write scripts in ExtendScript (JavaScript).

Maybe it's time to port the VB scripts to ExtendScript?

Sorry, this is not much help.

Regards,

Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 19, 2021 Apr 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FWIW: At least my issue with VB scripts on Windows 10 will be resolved with the new upcoming update of InDesign 2021 to version 16.2.0.30. See: https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/kb/fixed-issues.html

Fixed issues in InDesign

Scripting
[Win only] VB Script can be executed only after InDesign is launched in Admin mode at least once.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2021 Apr 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you all for your help.

Turns out it was nothing related to the scripts at all.

When I copied my FindChangeSupport files over to the new laptop the system, for reasons unknown, decided to rename some of my .txt files to .docx files (I assume some sort of automatic file association kicked in somewhere)

All is now working as it should be.

Many thanks again 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines