Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Script Labels won't stick

New Here ,
Feb 09, 2021 Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am working on a massive overhaul of company documents from a marketing server to the DAM Bynder that will integrate with Gelato.

We need to retool our InDesign documents to their specs, which isn't hard procedurally, but one of the main requirements is that many of the items within the doucment need to have script labels BUT when I type them in to the Script Label dialogue box...they do not save, or stick, or continue to be recognized after typing them in. 

Why would this happen and how can I fix it?

TOPICS
Bug , How to , Import and export , Performance , Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try hitting the Enter key after you set the label text.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried different methods of trying to confirm it, Hard Returns (Enter button) included. Still no luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for responding by the way!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I normally hit TAB, after you have the text in, this has always worked for me.

Malcolm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

I tried that too, and it's still not recognizing. I am totally open to a Zoom call with anyone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you sure you are selecting the object the right way after inputting them? If it's a text frame that you're selecting with your text tool, they won't show (need to be on the frame itself with black arrow tool). If it's a graphic frame, you need to be on the frame, not the image. If it's a cell, you need to have the entire cell selected. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I feel like I'm going crazy.

Would you open to coaching me through a zoom call? 

I believe I have done what you are describing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as.I remember, I select the object, key in the label in the panel, and then deselect the object. This saves the label

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I'm doing that, I really do.

Would you coach me through a zoom call? I know that might be strange, but I'm at a loss, and this single hickup is holding up our team progress lol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you do it via scripting? Select the page item you want to label and run this:

app.documents.item(0).selection[0].label = "MyLabel";

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or if you want a dialog:

var d = app.dialogs.add({name:"Script Label"});
var tf = d.dialogColumns.add().textEditboxes.add({editContents:"", minWidth:180});
d.show();
var r = tf.editContents;	
d.destroy();
app.documents.item(0).selection[0].label = r;

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 01, 2022 Jul 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had the same problem.
I noticed that the script label will only be saved when the Script Label Panel is pulled from the auto-closing panel grouper.

I spent a lot of time looking for a bug in my script, but the bug is in the app itself, even in its latest version

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines