Highlighted

Script to automate making hyperlinks to text anchor?

New Here ,
May 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I have question regarding hyperlinks and cross references. I have this problem: a lot of links in the text (e.g. [ 1 ], [ 2 ], [ 3 ]), which must be combined with the paragraph beginning with [ 1 ] [ 2 ] [ 3 ] etc. at the end of the document (such a bibliography). Links are repeated, that is, there are several [1]s to the same source at the end. The final PDF has to be “clickable”, so after clicking the link we have to be moved to the end of the document and the final paragraph [1]. How to do it quickly and painlessly? Is there some script that would help? I do it by creating text anchors at the end of the document and I go in turn, creating hyperlinks 1, 2, 3, but this is a way of torture … 🙂 Maybe some script or another method? Edit: An additional difficulty is that the links in the middle of the text are written differently. There are 1 and 2, but also [1, p. 1] or even [1, 2, 3, 4] and I would like each digit to link to a specific position at the end of the document.

TOPICS
How to, Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Script to automate making hyperlinks to text anchor?

New Here ,
May 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I have question regarding hyperlinks and cross references. I have this problem: a lot of links in the text (e.g. [ 1 ], [ 2 ], [ 3 ]), which must be combined with the paragraph beginning with [ 1 ] [ 2 ] [ 3 ] etc. at the end of the document (such a bibliography). Links are repeated, that is, there are several [1]s to the same source at the end. The final PDF has to be “clickable”, so after clicking the link we have to be moved to the end of the document and the final paragraph [1]. How to do it quickly and painlessly? Is there some script that would help? I do it by creating text anchors at the end of the document and I go in turn, creating hyperlinks 1, 2, 3, but this is a way of torture … 🙂 Maybe some script or another method? Edit: An additional difficulty is that the links in the middle of the text are written differently. There are 1 and 2, but also [1, p. 1] or even [1, 2, 3, 4] and I would like each digit to link to a specific position at the end of the document.

TOPICS
How to, Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 02, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You'd need to commission a custom script for this. Doing it by hand would be torture, as you say.

I may be able to help out, get in touch: admin [at] id-extras.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 14, 2020 1
New Here ,
May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wrote a message 🙂

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 15, 2020 0
Advocate ,
May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That remembers me "Dynamic sidenotes" from Peter Kahrel … and a variation I wrote 4 years ago for a client! 😉

(^/)  The Jedi

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 14, 2020 0
New Here ,
May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your answers 🙂 Unfortunately, in this document I also have footnotes (this is a completely different text than the links I mentioned).

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 15, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There should be a way to combine the first number found in the main text
(for example: [10, sample text] with the corresponding number in the "References" section [10], tab, any text.
Main text and text in the "References" section have separate paragraph styles.
The link to be linked can be additionally distinguished by a character style (if this helps). 
Any suggestions and advice would be greatly appreciated.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 09, 2020 0
Enthusiast ,
Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you need something like this script I made for a client who works with scientific publications.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5AieXvBMXd4

This code creates links between cross-references and its own reference in articles. The script creates conditional texts to make easier to see where links ar...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 18, 2020 0