• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Script to Number Footnotes in a Book Continuously across Documents

Community Beginner ,
Oct 06, 2020 Oct 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a quick and somewhat dirty AppleScript to synchronize continuous footnote numbers throughout the documents of an InDesign book, optionally syncing "Type > Document Footnote Options" as well.  It's not particularly elegant or robust, but it works and might also serve as a good jumping off point for your needs.

I've attached it as a text file as the forum won't permit apps.  You'll need to open it in /Applications/Utilities/Script Editor and save it as an app.

I'll be happy to answer questions should anyone have any.

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 06, 2020 Oct 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oops.  Found a bug, and the forum will not let me delete this post.  Please ignore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Oct 10, 2020 Oct 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still there is no option to close such thread/s. Hpoefully in future this might be added the original poster will get access to remove the post if nobody has replied and he has found solution to the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 10, 2020 Oct 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Nor can I reply to or edit my original post in such a way as to supply the revised version of the script I wanted to post in the first place.  The forum operates much as Adobe products do - exactly what you'd expect from a destructive monopoly far more concerned with its shareholders than it is with its customers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines