• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Script to relink all image from local to CC Library?

New Here ,
Feb 24, 2021 Feb 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm curious if anyone has written a script to relink all images in a document to a CC Library. I've tried a few of the relinking scripts out there, but nothing works for CC Library. We are hoping to migrate all of our images to the library, but manual relinking is a deal-breaker.

I've tried Gerald Hemetsberger's script as well as the well known Kasyan Servetsky's offerings but both require the ability of the script to find the file in its new location, not simply a string replace of the url. 

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 25, 2021 Feb 25, 2021

I don’t think it’s possible because the Javascript filePath for a placed library item is to the computer’s local temp folder. The returned filePath something like this:

cloud-asset/:cc-api-storage.adobe.io:assets:adobe-libraries:cff42dc7-bc72-48f9-b4c9-c8bee3b8976e;node=37c8e868-5662-4840-ad64-1f82e1b9b8df

If you are trying to setup assets that are easily accessible to different remote users, you might consider using a shared folder inside of the Creative Cloud Files folder along with a minimi

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 25, 2021 Feb 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don’t think it’s possible because the Javascript filePath for a placed library item is to the computer’s local temp folder. The returned filePath something like this:

cloud-asset/:cc-api-storage.adobe.io:assets:adobe-libraries:cff42dc7-bc72-48f9-b4c9-c8bee3b8976e;node=37c8e868-5662-4840-ad64-1f82e1b9b8df

If you are trying to setup assets that are easily accessible to different remote users, you might consider using a shared folder inside of the Creative Cloud Files folder along with a minimized Bridge workspace—you can effectively imitate the old MiniBridge that was dropped from CC2015. Here I have a favorite folder Shared CCF Images, which is inside of the CCF folder and sync’s to my cloud account and I can drag and drop from the minimized Bridge workspace:

Screen Shot 14.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2021 Feb 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

THAT is a FANTASTIC idea! I will abandon the script search and look into this immediatly. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines