• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

scrubby zoom

Explorer ,
Sep 21, 2020 Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How is this not a top priority for the Indesignd dev team?

I'm running 2xGTX1080s with a fast proc and plenty of ram, Win10.  I open Indesign and can't smoothly zoom!?!  And there's no GPU performance option in prefs.  Come on Adobe!  50+ bucks a month and your apps can't even zoom!  arrgh. 

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Sep 21, 2020 Sep 21, 2020

Hi Unrulyspirits:

I assume that you know to hold the Alt key+drag the Zoom tool to scrub in and out on Windows?

The Mac version does support GPU Performace and scrubby zoom. Feel free to vote up the feature request to include this on Windows. 

https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601021-adobe-indesign-feature-requests/suggestions/32411425-enable-animated-scrubby-zoom

~Barb

2020-09-21_16-31-31.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer , Sep 21, 2020 Sep 21, 2020

Hmm no. Unfortunatly that's not what its happen here.  Alt key + drag the zoom tool, shows the -zoom icon and creates a rectangle that when releasing the mouse pops the view out to all pages.  Closest thing I can get to what you suggest is holding down on alt and spinning the scroll wheel on my mouse... then I get a lovely stepped zoom in or out.  It's almost a scrubby zoom, but it's not. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Unrulyspirits:

I assume that you know to hold the Alt key+drag the Zoom tool to scrub in and out on Windows?

The Mac version does support GPU Performace and scrubby zoom. Feel free to vote up the feature request to include this on Windows. 

https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601021-adobe-indesign-feature-requests/suggestions/32411425-en...

~Barb

2020-09-21_16-31-31.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Barbara is on Fire!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm no. Unfortunatly that's not what its happen here.  Alt key + drag the zoom tool, shows the -zoom icon and creates a rectangle that when releasing the mouse pops the view out to all pages.  Closest thing I can get to what you suggest is holding down on alt and spinning the scroll wheel on my mouse... then I get a lovely stepped zoom in or out.  It's almost a scrubby zoom, but it's not. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,
Sep 22, 2020 Sep 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Unrulyspirits,

I marked Barbara's answer as correct since her answer is correct with what you said,  you said :"And there's no GPU performance option in prefs". that is incorrect per Barbara's answer, that feature is available in your computer.  Barbara pointed you to the feature request page, that is where you can request for features to be added or fixed (Barbara is also correct here if what you are lookign for is not available in your version of indesing.

Sounds like you are looking for a feature that is not  in the version of indesign you are on? is that correct?

We are happy to help you if you need further assistance however we need more feedback from you. I will take back the correct answer to hear back from you.

We want to help you as much as we can. This forum is ran by volunteers. 

Thanks

jonathan

[moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jonathan,

Thank you.  I am confused tho, I don't see the GPU performance option available on a Win10 install of indesign.  I see that it's there in MacOS.  I was asking why it's not there in Windows as it seems like a performance toggle that should enable scrubby zoom, just like there is one in photoshop...   Please see my attached screen cap, maybe I'm missing something?  Is it already enabled by default?IndesignWindows10_Screenshot 2020-09-22 101225.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Righ, like it has been explained to you by Barbara:

The Mac version does support GPU Performace and scrubby zoom. Feel free to vote up the feature request to include this on Windows

https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601021-adobe-indesign-feature-requests/suggestions/32411425-en...

Yes, you are missing something, the feature. That option is just not available for you in your windows machine.

Her answer is correct:

Screen Shot 2020-09-22 at 2.54.39 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

btw, I'm using 15.1.2 and CCD says that's the latest ver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Unrulyspirits:

To zoom in or out, press Alt (Windows) or Option (Mac OS) while using the mouse scroll wheel or sensor.

https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/using/viewing-workspace.html

~Barb 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Barb! 

Thanks, that's what I said, I must be on fire!

-J

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

this conversation is locked

thanks

jonathan

[moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines