Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Search and replace swatch - bug?

Engaged ,
Sep 10, 2020 Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

There are a lot of swatches in a larg document. Some of them were imported by accident.

My intention is to replace some of them. For exemple I want to search for a solid color to change it into an existing swatch (CMYK - 10%).

Bildschirmfoto 2020-09-10 um 10.40.07.png

At the first time I´m searching it will be found. But then the index (yellow mark) of the colour shoud be search for will be increasing. And the searchengine doesn´t find anything. Can this index be deleted?

TOPICS
How to , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rather than using find and change you could delete the swatch. If it is used anywhere in the document you will be prompted to choose a replacement Swatch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I could, if I would want to replace it by a 100% opacity of the new swatch. But I need only 10% for this special element.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can do that. And in fact you should.

Replace the swatch with the solid CMYK build, then apply your 10% opacity to the special element. This will easily let you have both the rule and the exception in this case.

Randy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me add one caution, though: depending on the CMYK ink percentages on your "solid" build, you may find that a 10% tint/opacity of that will render individual color builds beneath the highlight dot/lightest shade your output device can reproduce.

That'll mean you may get color shifts as you lighten that special element up ... but it's the same issue you'd have if you tried to create it from scratch.

Hope this helps,

Randy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can make a tint swatch for the replacement. Duplicate the Swatch and adjust its Tint:

Screen Shot 14.png

Screen Shot 15.pngScreen Shot 16.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay guys.

You´re right and I will do that. BUT:

Can you explain the phenomenon to me I mentioned in my question?! Maybe it will still be useful at some point ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines