• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sections not combining as a spread.

Community Beginner ,
May 04, 2021 May 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have two sections in a book that isn't combining correctly. When I make a PDF they show up as individual pages rather than a spread (pages 10 and 11). When I open the Numbering and Sections Dialog window, the "Start Section" is greyed/off. I tried playing around with the "Allowed document pages to shuffle", but that doesn't resolve it. Thanks for the help.

â€ƒ

Screen Shot 2021-05-04 at 9.19.48 AM.png

 

 

TOPICS
EPUB , Print , Publish online

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 04, 2021 May 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some reason this didn't get included. Here is what is happening.  

Screen Shot 2021-05-04 at 9.14.49 AM.png

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 11, 2021 May 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the second of these single pages a new section? I had a problem like this where if I inserted a new section, it would split the spread (I think this is due to a recent change of some sort Adobe has made, since I hadn't had this happen before). To fix the problem, I had to undo the new section, uncheck "allow selected spread to shuffle", and then re-add the section.

This might not be helpful since it sounds like you've tried the shuffle options, and I don't know what would cause your section option to be grayed out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The pages with the green bar at the top is a new section (another Indesign file). The only way I can make them a spread when they come together is by making the previous section end in a spread and the next section starting as a spread. It seems that Indesign doesn't like combining sections on the same spread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just exactly how is this document set up? Is that screen shot from ID or Acrobat? I notice that your two-page spreads only have one number, which, if that is the ID pages panel we are looking at, to me means they are a single page and you are working with multiple page sizes (single page width and double page width) and you don't actually have any "real" two-page spreads in the document. That would easily explain the behavior you see.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines