Highlighted

Select Tool to Text Tool bug

New Here ,
Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, I think this is a bug or a dumb feature that I can't figure out.

When going from Select Tool (V) to Text tool (T) using keyboard shortcuts, the Text Tool automatically returns to the Select Tool after 1 second. This makes selecting text really annoying. I have to press (T), then click a text box, click it again, double click it and then click AGAIN in order to select text. It's costing me a lot of time.

Please tell me this not deliberate!

Topics

Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Select Tool to Text Tool bug

New Here ,
Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, I think this is a bug or a dumb feature that I can't figure out.

When going from Select Tool (V) to Text tool (T) using keyboard shortcuts, the Text Tool automatically returns to the Select Tool after 1 second. This makes selecting text really annoying. I have to press (T), then click a text box, click it again, double click it and then click AGAIN in order to select text. It's costing me a lot of time.

Please tell me this not deliberate!

Topics

Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 15, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not seeing that behaviour - can you please let us know what version of Indesign - and also what Operating System you are using. 

Typically  - behaviour like this can be resolved by resetting your preferences 

1. (Windows) Start InDesign, and then press Shift+Ctrl+Alt. Click Yes when asked if you want to delete preference files.
  2. (Mac OS) While pressing Shift+Option+Command+Control, start InDesign. Click Yes when asked if you want to delete preference files.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 15, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indesign 2020 15.1.2
MacOSX v10.15.16

I'll try deleting preferences, thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 15, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Eugene, a bit more information - this is only happening in the Typography workspace

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 18, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's the Typography workspace?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 21, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, in Indesign do this:

Window > Workspace [Typography]

This is the only time the bug happens for me.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 22, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Daniel,

Sorry to hear about your experience. Does it happen on a specific document or all? Did resetting preferences help?

You may also try disabling the GPU Performance under Preferences. Let us know how it goes.

Looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 25, 2020 0