Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Selected text does not highlight?

New Here ,
Apr 28, 2020 Apr 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

I can tell the text is selected when I double-click text inside a text frame, because when I trial deleting it disappears. However, the usual blue highlight of the selcetion does not show up (as it does in previous versions of InDesign, every other Adobe program and InDesign's story editor), which makes things difficult! How can I get those highlights to show? I'm working in the latest version (CC Indesign 15.0.2). 

TOPICS
Bug , How to , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 28, 2020 Apr 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you think this is an InDesign issue, try rebuilding preferences:

https://www.rockymountaintraining.com/adobe-indesign-rebuilding-preferences-cache/

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2020 Apr 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Barb. I've already tried this. It's not the issue. Since inquing above, I have found that some text frames in the document select text as one might expect, while others still do not. Those that do are typically newly created ones, or ones copy and pasted onto different pages. So, still wanting to know what the issue is. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 04, 2020 May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Stuart,

don't know what your exact issue is, but you could also try the Story Editor Window:

https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/using/editing-text.html#use_the_story_editor

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2020 May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Uwe, 
Yes, this is how I've been surviving. Its still an awkward work-around, so I'd prefer an actual solution. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines