• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Selecting text without the background turning black

Participant ,
Dec 22, 2020 Dec 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using colored type, and I want to tweak the color "on the fly". However, when I select the text, the selection background goes black, the color of the text goes to its negative, so I can't see the actual color. I have known before how to select text without the black background, but I forgot. Help?

TOPICS
Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 22, 2020 Dec 22, 2020

You can click the Split Layout View button at the bottom right of the workspace. It will show you the "real" color appearance in the second window.

Screen Shot 2020-12-22 at 5.02.15 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can click the Split Layout View button at the bottom right of the workspace. It will show you the "real" color appearance in the second window.

Screen Shot 2020-12-22 at 5.02.15 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That works! Thanks.

Carol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think InDesign offers that anymore. Photoshop will drop the background color when you are tweaking the text color, but InDesign keeps the color set to black. I can change the highlight color on my Mac with Apple menu > System Preferences > General > Highlight Color, but InDesign ignores it. 

~Barb 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

How does Photoshop do it? I can do this job in either, so whichever one is easier, I'll use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Clever, Steve. 

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines