• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

selecting text

New Here ,
Jun 15, 2020 Jun 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot select full pages of text - sometimes just a few lines - sometimes selected lines finishing in the middle of a line - will not scroll down to select more than one page of text.    I wish to select about 7 pages from within a a book of 50 pages.   I have an up to date IMac

Any asssistance would be much appreciated 

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020

Answer 1 - Have got Indesign 16.1

Have read some other comments and have de-selected both items in the "Text Contextual Controls" in Advanced Type and this appears to have solved the problem.   I have no idea what these two controls do but the immediate problem seems to be solved.   Thanks for your attention

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You’re not providing much explanation. What version of InDesign are you using? Is the text threaded between the pages or is in multiple text frames? Are you selecting the text frames or highlighting the text.

A good idea is to provide a screen grab with as much information as possible. This means showing frame edges and hidden characters.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so when you double or tiple click in a paragraph, what happens?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Answer 1 - Have got Indesign 16.1

Have read some other comments and have de-selected both items in the "Text Contextual Controls" in Advanced Type and this appears to have solved the problem.   I have no idea what these two controls do but the immediate problem seems to be solved.   Thanks for your attention

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines