• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Selection alternate rows and/or columns in tables to resize

Community Beginner ,
Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I have not been able to find a function to allow me to select alternative rows and/or columns in an InDesign table to resize together. I have tried a combination of keys to select the alternating rows and/or columns, also cell styles. Cell styles allow colour changes etc but not row or column size. If there is a function please let me know, if not this would be very useful and time saving.

See attached, as I add more and more text I might want to alter the alternative columns, as it stands now I have to do this individually. I want all the wide ones to be the same width and all the skinny ones to be the same width but not necessary what they are right now. Thanks

TOPICS
How to , Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An idea to amend this... Two options you could check or uncheck when creating a cells style "include row height" and "include column width".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Sarah,

there is no function to select rows or columns in a table that are not next to each other.

To set up column width you could test a script by Gerald Singelmann, named AutoColumn:

https://github.com/gsingelmann/indd_autocolumn

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines