Exit

sequentially data merge

Explorer ,
May 05, 2021 May 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have about 300 columns to generate data merge

How to create  data merge , one column at a time and export separated pdf , automatically? 

It can be done whit indesign?

or a  action recorded ?

column a and b are repeated for all other columns

ex.

col3.pdf contains  A B C

col4.pdf contains  A B D

col5.pdf contains  A B E

[1]05-05-2021.jpg

[2]05-05-2021.jpg

Thank you!

TOPICS
How to , Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am not sure but the easiest plan might be to do the merge into one table, and then copy that table to a different layer and change it to match the outputs you require, so you would end up with a indesign document with layers

- CompleteTable

- TableABC

- TableABD

- TableABE

And then you could switch the layers on and off to export what you are after. That may well be managable with a script, but this is just a thought, let us know if you think it can work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 06, 2021 May 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

it is a good solution but I think a better solution for me is to prepare excel file in such a way to stack columns on top of each other and getting one pdf file, then split by number of page in adobe acrobat.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of you are on macOS - this can be done with MyDataMerge (https://mydatamerge.com). Setup would be pretty simple with the custom script function. You may ask here or their support which is insanely fast

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines