• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Set up text boxes with two paragraph styles - settings show only one paragraph style option

Participant ,
May 27, 2021 May 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My textboxes have a header and then text below. However, in the settings, there is only the option to choose one paragraph style. This works well for the one-paragraph style I choose. When I manually set the first line to use my paragraph style for textbox headers it works only until the next sync of the book. Then all text inside the box will be set to the paragraph style chosen in the settings.

Is there some way to fix this? Ideally without having to put together multiple boxes

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 27, 2021 May 27, 2021

Now, I understand…

You need to modify the paragraph style and the object style AND remove the extra empty paragraph between the header and the text. See screen shots below.

Pargraph style:

Capture d’écran 2021-05-27 à 12.22.16.jpg

Objetc style:

Capture d’écran 2021-05-27 à 12.22.53.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is an example attached of one of my textboxes. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure to understand your issue…

However, in the settings, there is only the option to choose one paragraph style.

Which settings? I have opened your file and I do not see any problems, apart from the fact that there is an extra useless paragraph return between the header and the body text.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use one object style throughout my book file for textboxes. In the settings for the object style, I can only find an option to choose one paragraph style - see attached image.

When I manually set the first line to a header paragraph style it is reset every time I sync the book file. 

2021-05-27 12_10_57-_08 SR Ekspertise og læring.indd @ 100%.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now, I understand…

You need to modify the paragraph style and the object style AND remove the extra empty paragraph between the header and the text. See screen shots below.

Pargraph style:

Capture d’écran 2021-05-27 à 12.22.16.jpg

Objetc style:

Capture d’écran 2021-05-27 à 12.22.53.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! That's very interesting. I had never found a use for the "next style" setting. This is already working for me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 01, 2021 Jun 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Simon,

just a note:

Apply Next Style set with an object style will only work for a text frame that is not threaded to another one.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines