Highlighted

Setting paragraph styles In Design after I have set them with character style

Community Beginner ,
Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have my paragraphy styling set.  I used Charachter Style to design the style.  Now I'm trying to set the  Paragraph style for the book using the Paragraph style function-- but I cant get it to work.  Does anybody have a workflow for converting charchater styles to paragraph styles.  Thanks,  Graham

TOPICS
How to, Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Setting paragraph styles In Design after I have set them with character style

Community Beginner ,
Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have my paragraphy styling set.  I used Charachter Style to design the style.  Now I'm trying to set the  Paragraph style for the book using the Paragraph style function-- but I cant get it to work.  Does anybody have a workflow for converting charchater styles to paragraph styles.  Thanks,  Graham

TOPICS
How to, Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 16, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 16, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks Eugene -- that article did the trick.  As a follow on.  When setting subhead and pull quote styles -- do you know how I can set the paragraph style so the style includes color as well as formatting?  I'm assuming a paragraph subhead should be a paragraph style.  When I added a paragraph style for a paragraph subhead it didn't include text color.  Thanks! 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 16, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are colour settings within the Paragraph Styles.

https://helpx.adobe.com/ie/indesign/using/paragraph-character-styles.html

You can also put in styles that are based on others.  - Also covered in the above article. 

That means you can have <Heading 1> and then <Pull Quote 1>

Heading 1 has the colour applied.

Pull Quote 1 is based on Heading 1

Changing the colour  in Heading 1 - would reflect in Pull Quote 2.

So these headings are known as "Parent" styles - changing the colour in these reflects in child styles.

Heading Red
Heading Blue

Heading Green

These would be the "Child" styles. You can alter all the other attributes, just leave the colour alone as that's controlled by the Parent style.

Pull Quote Red

Pull Quote Blue

Pull Quote Green

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 17, 2020 0