• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Several error messages when I try to open Indesign

New Here ,
Jun 02, 2021 Jun 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to open newly installed Indesign 16.2.1 I get the following error messages:

1. Cannot Load EPS PAGE ITEM.rpln.  Please check documentation fpr the IMAGE.rlpn
  2. Cannot load the PATH TYPE.rpln  It is dependent on the GENERIC PAGE ITEM.rpln plug in.
  3. Cannot load the PDF.rlpn plug in.  It is dependent on the EPS PAGE ITE.rpln plug in.
  4. Cannot load the PATH TYPE UI.apln.  It is dependent on the GENERIC PAGE ITEM.rpln

HELP.  I am using an HP Laptop.

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 02, 2021 Jun 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a previous answer that might help you here. Let us know if it works! 

Solved: Error launching InDesign "Cannot load the PATH TYP... - Adobe Support Community - 11150879

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2021 Jun 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This did not work.  I think the problem is with the pdf.rpgn.  Continous help is appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, @defaultypga6lsi2wdq I am so sorry to hear that. I just don’t know myself but hopefully others will be able to assist you. A few ideas off the top of my head: How old is your HP laptop? Is your Windows 10 up to date? Do you have enough memory and space to fully run CC? Have you done a complete reinstallation of the program? Are you first launching Creative Cloud and then opening InDesign from their menu? If so, have you tried exiting all the way out of CC and opening InDesign directly from the start menu and running it in administrator mode? What PDF distiller are you running? Your hard disk may have fragmentation. Have you looked at Task Manager to see what is causing the Path Type process? Process of elimination can sometimes help...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That sounds like a corrupt install. Uninstall and reinstall to see if that fixes it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines