Highlighted

Shadow clipped image disappears - RESOLVED

New Here ,
Apr 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Whenever i'm trying to export to pdf, the shadow of an Adobe Illustrator logo, clipped so its shadow wouldn't surpas the borders, disappears - even when 'Object knocks out shadow' is deselected. Does anyone know how to resolove this? 

My layers - from top to bottom:

1. text

2. a white logo (illustrator extension), very smal fragment visable here: the transparency of the object is multiplied, its (clipped) graphic is given a shadow (again, becaus otherwise a shadow applied to the object would give shadow to entire frame)   

3. light gray rectangle with a darker gray border

Kind regards

B.P.N.

- UPDATE: I found a way to reappear the shadow by clipping the logo with its shadow applied to the object (instead of give a shadow to its clipped image ... very strange indeed! 🙂

Topics

Import and export, Print, Publish online

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Shadow clipped image disappears - RESOLVED

New Here ,
Apr 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Whenever i'm trying to export to pdf, the shadow of an Adobe Illustrator logo, clipped so its shadow wouldn't surpas the borders, disappears - even when 'Object knocks out shadow' is deselected. Does anyone know how to resolove this? 

My layers - from top to bottom:

1. text

2. a white logo (illustrator extension), very smal fragment visable here: the transparency of the object is multiplied, its (clipped) graphic is given a shadow (again, becaus otherwise a shadow applied to the object would give shadow to entire frame)   

3. light gray rectangle with a darker gray border

Kind regards

B.P.N.

- UPDATE: I found a way to reappear the shadow by clipping the logo with its shadow applied to the object (instead of give a shadow to its clipped image ... very strange indeed! 🙂

Topics

Import and export, Print, Publish online

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Have something to add?