• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Shadow control

Participant ,
Apr 01, 2021 Apr 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought that knockout was what you used to control shadows in this situation, but it's not doing what I want it to. There is a red box, and on the top of it is an image with a shadow applied. As you see, the image shadow extends beyond the box. I want it to stop at the edge of the box. How do I do that? 

DavidacrossAmerica_1-1617293391158.png

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 03, 2021 Apr 03, 2021

You can mask the object by placing the object inside the red box (paste into and adding the shadow this way limiting to the red box). If there are other elements that make a larger picture you could paste all those objects into an empty frame, where the frabe will work as a clipping mask for applied effects.

Knockout is not for this kind of situations, there is nothing for the shadow to knock out, it is the shadow you want to remove?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 03, 2021 Apr 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you referring to an inner shadow effect (just below the drop shadow effect)?

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, this is a "regular," I guess, outer shadow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can mask the object by placing the object inside the red box (paste into and adding the shadow this way limiting to the red box). If there are other elements that make a larger picture you could paste all those objects into an empty frame, where the frabe will work as a clipping mask for applied effects.

Knockout is not for this kind of situations, there is nothing for the shadow to knock out, it is the shadow you want to remove?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Placing it inside the box did the trick. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines