• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

shadow transparency issues

New Here ,
Aug 03, 2020 Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using indesign to put together some frames for a gif but and they look fine in indesign but when I export the shadows go weird on some of the frames but not on others.

I know indesign probably isn't ideal for this and I may have to bite the bullet and rebuild them in photoshop but I wondered if there's any way to fix it before I resort to that, I've attached two example photos, one of a working shadow and one where the swadow doesn't work. They were both part of the same export so had the exact same settings. I just can't work it out.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

UGIF25.pngUGIF23.png

TOPICS
Bug , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 03, 2020 Aug 03, 2020

It isn't completely clear to me what filetype you are placing into InDesign? I would avoid placing GIFs into InDesign. They are the simplest and least-capable indexed-bitmap type meant only for browsers. If you could could place RGB-flavored PSD files into InDesign, that would be ideal. Or if you have GIFs as originals, you could convert them to PSDs in Photoshop. If you are placing GIFs into InDesign, it might be that the one GIF is defined differently from the others. It might have fewer color

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 03, 2020 Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It isn't completely clear to me what filetype you are placing into InDesign? I would avoid placing GIFs into InDesign. They are the simplest and least-capable indexed-bitmap type meant only for browsers. If you could could place RGB-flavored PSD files into InDesign, that would be ideal. Or if you have GIFs as originals, you could convert them to PSDs in Photoshop. If you are placing GIFs into InDesign, it might be that the one GIF is defined differently from the others. It might have fewer colors allowed in its palette; or it might dither or not or differently, or it might have a different matte color. Any and all of these qualities of a GIF are undesirable to an InDesign file. Lastly, GIFs are only indexed RGB, so make your InDesign document RGB. Better, ... use PSDs.

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines