• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Share Doc for review help

Community Beginner ,
Oct 16, 2020 Oct 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wonder if anybody could help please? I am working on a large publication that needs to be shared via the review feature to a number of people. I have tried this in the past and found that I had to keep the document open at all times for it to work? Indesign then crashed which effectivly lost the link and peolpes comments. Am I doing something wrong? Its not very productive to have multile documents open and one could esily be closed by accident. Is it possible to share a document for review and then close the document? than ks

TOPICS
EPUB , How to , Print , Publish online , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 16, 2020 Oct 16, 2020

Yes ... the fuller capability is after you export the PDF, open it in Acrobat, and send out for review. The tricks and features are fuller than the new Share for Review. InDesign can drink in comments in the File > Import PDF Comments

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes ... the fuller capability is after you export the PDF, open it in Acrobat, and send out for review. The tricks and features are fuller than the new Share for Review. InDesign can drink in comments in the File > Import PDF Comments

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Mike stated, Acrobat Pro's Share for Review is more robust. It can be by email, local server, or using the Adobe servers. (The Adobe servers are the default, but you can change that under preferences.) I always suggest turning on Track Changes in InDesign before import the PDF text comments.

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for your help with this. I will look into it! The document is going out to many people in an orgainisation so I need it to be reliable. The Indesign route is not ideal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Mike, I really appreciate your time and help with this. I am going to try this out. Having people work live making changes on an open indesign doc you are trying to work on is not ideal, especially when indesign has one of its crashes. Much appreciated

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines