• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Share for Review - Lacks all the features of Acrobat?

Contributor ,
Jul 20, 2020 Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying to use this with my team, but why, WHY???? did you only put 2 tools for putting comments? A pin and a pencil? Whay not have all the comment tools that Acrobat has since you are the same company?

Like you can't do proper text edit markings, or highlight text. This is not at a professional level at all. Poor effort Adobe.

TOPICS
Feature request , Publish online , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 20, 2020 Jul 20, 2020

Hi Juan:

My understanding is that this is just the first release of the new Share for Review, and the text annotations are in the works. It's useless to me without them, too, so I asked this question of the InDesign team at the Creative Pro conference last month, and that was what they said.

This is also encouraging:

Does Share for Review include text commenting capabilities?

This first version of the feature allows you to provide feedback through the sticky note and pencil tools. We will

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Juan,

Sorry to hear about your experience. I'd recommend posting your suggestions on Adobe InDesign UserVoice. Once you have shared your feature request, you may share the link here on the community so other people can upvote it.
This forum is monitored by product team and they might look into it for upcoming releases.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Juan:

My understanding is that this is just the first release of the new Share for Review, and the text annotations are in the works. It's useless to me without them, too, so I asked this question of the InDesign team at the Creative Pro conference last month, and that was what they said.

This is also encouraging:

Does Share for Review include text commenting capabilities?

This first version of the feature allows you to provide feedback through the sticky note and pencil tools. We will continue to improve the experience, and we will soon incorporate more text commenting capabilities, including text highlight, text strikethrough, and the ability to accept text comments in a single click.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign/indesign-share-for-review-faq/td-p/11210839?page=1

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines