Highlighted

Share for review online: versioning and commenting

New Here ,
Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A client loves the new share for review online, but wonders about being able to compare older versions to new ones. Is there any way a client can see a previous version, or even download one for reference/comparison? 

The client also said her comments were deleted before she posted because she went from one page to another. I have no really useful suggestions here, but I could see how that would be frustrating. Maybe a "Post Comments" button could be added for multiple pages?

I found the new reveiw tool very helpful, especially on projects with a tight deadline, which is just about all of my projects, actually.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Diane Burns | Adobe Community Professional

The best place to post feature requests to the Adobe team is here: https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601021-adobe-indesign-feature-requests/

TOPICS
Feature request, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Share for review online: versioning and commenting

New Here ,
Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A client loves the new share for review online, but wonders about being able to compare older versions to new ones. Is there any way a client can see a previous version, or even download one for reference/comparison? 

The client also said her comments were deleted before she posted because she went from one page to another. I have no really useful suggestions here, but I could see how that would be frustrating. Maybe a "Post Comments" button could be added for multiple pages?

I found the new reveiw tool very helpful, especially on projects with a tight deadline, which is just about all of my projects, actually.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Diane Burns | Adobe Community Professional

The best place to post feature requests to the Adobe team is here: https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601021-adobe-indesign-feature-requests/

TOPICS
Feature request, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 25, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You *may* want to consider using PDF proofs with embedded comments, and name your PDF in an iterative way so you can refer back to older versions. Share for Review is headed in a good direction, but it hasn't achieved full feature load yet.

And there is no getting around the fact that no matter how clever the software, editing is a careful and pain-staking process.

Mike Witherell

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 25, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed, Mike. PDF with comments is adequate. This particular client is responsive to the prompts from Adobe. She specifically commented it was better than PDF, feeling that she was working more directly with me. She could ask a question, and I could respond. She liked the immediacy of the interface. If she could just click "download" on each version she sees, I think she'd be happy. Well, happier. She's didn't complain, in fact, she liked it. I prompted her for her thoughts. I've never asked Adobe for a feature to be added, so maybe this isn't the right place to do that. Please correct me if I'm wrong. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 25, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 25, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for your feedback about the feature. In addition to the suggestion given by Mike, I'd recommend checking out this community post for detailed information about Share for Review feature.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 25, 2020 0