• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Share for review, overlay colours display differently from inDesign to browser

New Here ,
Aug 04, 2020 Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been wanting to use this new feature within our design team, however I realized overlays don't display the same way in indesign as in the browser. I'm guessing it's the colour profiles we are using but I'm not sure what I should update them to. Blending mode is hard light. Colour working space is added in a screenshot.

TOPICS
How to , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 04, 2020 Aug 04, 2020

Hi,

don't think you can expect that there is confirmity of colors as long as Share For Review is working with web browsers.

Most or at least a lot of the browsers are not able to do color management. This is one reason. The other is that Share For Review is not transferring color profiles. At least I do not think so. And: It does not show overprinting elements.

What you also cannot communicate on is quality of images.

Share For Review will always downsample the resolution of highres placed ima

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 04, 2020 Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

don't think you can expect that there is confirmity of colors as long as Share For Review is working with web browsers.

Most or at least a lot of the browsers are not able to do color management. This is one reason. The other is that Share For Review is not transferring color profiles. At least I do not think so. And: It does not show overprinting elements.

What you also cannot communicate on is quality of images.

Share For Review will always downsample the resolution of highres placed images.

If you want to talk about color, effects, image quality, exchange exported PDF/X-4 files with you client.

PDF/X-4 files that are not downsampled and should be inspected with Acrobat Pro or at least Adobe Reader on the client's side.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines