Highlighted

Share for Review, Update Link keeps crashing InDesign before uploading

Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 10 InDesign files i'm using to build a large 500+ page catalog and 9 of them are working perfect with the new Share For Review feature. I have been getting comments and updating them and updating the link to allow the users to see the changes.

There is one file that keeps crashing anytime i try to update the link after some changes. It seems like it gets almost to the end of uploading the new link and then InDesign crashed completely. I am guessing it is something in the file but have no idea how to even begin the process of elimination to find out what it could be. Has anyone else had this experience and figure out what it could be?

I have already deleted preferences once and also moved the file to see it that works. Any other ideas welcome.

TOPICS
Import and export, Publish online

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Share for Review, Update Link keeps crashing InDesign before uploading

Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 10 InDesign files i'm using to build a large 500+ page catalog and 9 of them are working perfect with the new Share For Review feature. I have been getting comments and updating them and updating the link to allow the users to see the changes.

There is one file that keeps crashing anytime i try to update the link after some changes. It seems like it gets almost to the end of uploading the new link and then InDesign crashed completely. I am guessing it is something in the file but have no idea how to even begin the process of elimination to find out what it could be. Has anyone else had this experience and figure out what it could be?

I have already deleted preferences once and also moved the file to see it that works. Any other ideas welcome.

TOPICS
Import and export, Publish online

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 12, 2020 1
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue and working on a similar project too! Super frustrating, this feature is awesome and I'd love an easy way to share these files with colleagues to review. Although for me, every file is crashing when I try to update or create a review.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 18, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Nov 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Although the files still crashes on me, i double checked the pdf online and it actually updated. So even though the crash is upsetting, the pdf is able to be reviewed. Maybe give that a look and see if the same is happening with your file.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 25, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having the same issue-- any luck? 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 24, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Nov 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am still having the same issue with the crashing, but on a good note, the file is actually updating online for peers to review. It is really weird why it crashes even though it is updated online.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 25, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
7 hours ago

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. This is really unusual. Would you mind sharing the version of the OS & InDesign?

I'd also request you to share crash reports. It'll help us look into it & assist you accordingly.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
7 hours ago 0