Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Shift Drag ignoring text wrap

Explorer ,
Oct 01, 2020 Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I have an object format that contains a box with text in it. 

In several of the lines in the box I want an image to be insertet which holds line with the text. However, when I Shift-Drag the bottom image frame the 2 first lines ignores the text wrap - see attached. Why is this?

If there is an easier way I am totally up for it 🙂

Anita

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anita:

Enable text wrap for the graphic frame.

wrap.gif

~Barb 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Barb,

I forgot to mention that I want to anchor my object. It is when I click my graphic frame and Shift-Drag (on pc) to create an inline object that the ignoring of text wrap happens (for the first 2 lines).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you may have just discovered a bug? I just did a test in InDesign 15.1.2 and shift dragging creates an anchored object not an inline object. The behavior you are experiencing is expected with an anchored object as text wrap can't apply to the line in which the object is anchored. If you truly want an inline object, for now, you can copy the frame, click where you want the object to be in the text with the Type tool, and choose paste. That will create a proper inline object. @Barb Binder, can you confirm this behavior on your end?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sure, @Chad Chelius

I tend to copy/paste for an inline frame, but Shift+dragging is also giving me an inline frame. Note that text wrap was already enabled as per the previous animation.

InDesign 15.2.1

OS 10.15.6

~Barb

wrap2.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines