Highlighted

Shift key not working to constrain aspect ratios when resizing

New Here ,
Oct 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After a recent update the holding down the shift key doesn't constrain aspect ratios when resizing. is there any way to fix this?

Topics

Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Shift key not working to constrain aspect ratios when resizing

New Here ,
Oct 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After a recent update the holding down the shift key doesn't constrain aspect ratios when resizing. is there any way to fix this?

Topics

Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Mentor ,
Oct 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much!! I tired searching before and didn't find that.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for updating this!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is for InDesign, not for photoshop..

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's now March 2020 & INDESIGN is the problem, not photoshop.

Proportional resize using shift key on object or text box still not working Indesign cc 14.0.3 mac, mojave.

neither is CMD shift (using only a corner handle, yes of course)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
May 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just updated but this doesnt work correctly, needed all the time ... also scaling with CMD tool ... duplicating with OPT-CMD fails ... any news?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have found the the Opt key stops working periodically, just in the past few months. I reboot and then all is good again.

We know that other applications will interfere with the modifier keys, and while I am well aware of that, I haven't figured out which application is causing the issue for me yet. 

TL;DR: Try rebooting.

~Barb

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Red Bol LATEST
New Here ,
May 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I'll be darned, that fixed all three of em! I tend to reboot only when its really needed. THANKS!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines