• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Shortcut keys not working

Community Beginner ,
Feb 17, 2021 Feb 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I installed the latest update today and my shortcut keys are not working. On top of that neither of the delete keys work either. I'm sure this is just a bug, is there a way to revert back to the previous update so I'm able to work?

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Feb 17, 2021 Feb 17, 2021

Hi Steve, thank you. I reset the indesign prefrences and it seems to have solved the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working on a Mac Mini by the way if that helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd suggest you first determine whether it's InDesign or an interfering third party application or extension that's causing the problem. The way to do this is to reboot your computer, and, if possible, turn off start-up applications (holding down the Shift key) when launching should test this. OPEN INDESIGN FIRST before any other appication and see if the problem still exists. If it has gone away, you have a third party application or extension capturing your modifier keys. If that's the problem, open other applications one at a time to determime which is the culprit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve, thank you. I reset the indesign prefrences and it seems to have solved the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2024 Feb 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ha, my solution was simple.

I had looked up the stortcut for indexing on Adobe, which said shift-cntrl-alt-[.

But when I looked at the shortcuts list, it was actually shift-alt-cmmd-[

No wonder it would not work.

R

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 28, 2024 Feb 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Glad to hear that you were able to resolve the issue. For future reference you can refer to this article for information on customizing shortcuts in InDesign. 

Thanks

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines