• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Shortcuts

New Here ,
Oct 01, 2020 Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Various shortcuts in my ID v 15.1.2 no longer work. Icons like duplicate an element are displayed but not executed.
How can I fix this

Thanks

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your references to "shortcut" and "icons" are not clear. Are you talking about buttons on the Control panel?

If so, the first thing to try is resetting preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Icons like duplicate an element are displayed but not executed

I think we need more information. There is no button or icon for duplicate.

When you Alt or Opt drag to duplicate, you will see a black and white arrow cursor, indicating that when you move your mouse you will duplicate the object. Is that what you are referring to? If so, start by rebooting your computer and try again. Sometimes other applications will interfere with the InDesign modifier keys.

~Barb 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 02, 2020 Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. I agree with earlier responses. In addition to provide answers to the questions asked earlier, would you mind sharing the version of the OS? Also, please share a screenshot of the icons you are talking about.

I'd also request checking out this help article to know how to manage your workspace. Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines