• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Show/Hide buttons not working properly on Interactive PDF

New Here ,
Jun 23, 2021 Jun 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created a PDF with menu items, when I click on each menu, the corresponding check boxes will appears on rightside area. This works fine for first two menu titles (Ear Front Side, Fingers) & not working for others. The same PDF works fine on Chrome, please check the attached PDF.

TOPICS
Bug , How to , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Duplicate post

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not think, that the PDF is even working with Adobe Reader on Windows 10.

What exactly should happen with "Memory Points" and "Ribs" ?

Are there any check boxes with "Memory Points" and "Ribs"?

FormFields-TestFile-1.PNG

FormFields-TestFile-2.PNG

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2021 Jun 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have few check boxes in "Memory Points" and "Ribs" like the other two...

Screen Shot 2021-06-24 at 12.39.17 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-06-24 at 12.39.01 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you see my screenshots from my Adobe Reader on Windows 10?

They look very different to the ones you are presenting. Are yours from InDesign?

Did you ever test your PDF with Adobe Reader on Windows or Mac OS ?

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using MAC & to see the buttons, you need to uncheck the "Highlight" from following,

Screen Shot 2021-06-24 at 1.15.44 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rabin J,

thanks for that hint.

But I can still see no check boxes when I click categories "Memory Points" and "Ribs".

And that with Adobe Reader on Windows 10 Continous Release | Version 2021.005.20048.

The same with Acrobat Pro on the same machine.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The snapshot that shows the check boxes are taken from Chrome & from PDF I am getting the same response as like you...

From Indesign all the buttons are created with same setting & not sure why this is not working for these two ("Memory Points" and "Ribs") layers...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would take that issue to the Acrobat forum.

Do you have a Windows 10 machine with Acrobat Pro installed for some testing?

Maybe there is a bug with Adobe Reader and Acrobat Pro on Windows?

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, yes, I can see no issue with the Chrome browser on my Windows 10 machine.

With Firefox' PDF reader the buttons for the categories are not working at all.

So: Do we have a bug with Adobe Reader and Acrobat Pro on Windows 10 and Mac OS ?

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to illustrate the issue, two screenshots from my Windows machine.

Chrome browser on Windows 10:

Test_Files.pdf-Ribs-OnChrome-Windows10.PNG

Acrobat Pro on Windows 10:

Test_Files.pdf-Ribs-AcrobatPro-Windows10.PNG

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have windows 10 machine to test... but I am getting this issue on MAC OS 10.14, 10.15 & bigsur...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also epub version looks good & it shows the check boxes, so the issue is with Acrobat or Indesign export (Interactive PDF export)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why are you doing this as a PDF?

You may not want to hear this but this project is nothing short of a fool's errand. You'll never get it to work reliably for all readers. It would be a piece of cake to create it as a web form.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When we select each check box, it will show the corresponding points in the ear image, also we have user form that will show when you click on the "Protocol" button from the menu. There we can put our user name & other required information & then we are sharing it to the user. We can create the same as a web form, but my client what this to be in PDF...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also this is not for the users, user will see only the user form & other images. All these check boxes & menus will be appears for internal purpose. 

I think it's simple button functionality, not sure why Indesign/Acrobat failed to handle...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Attached the indesign file for review... hope I didn't missed anything on farmatting...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are users likely to want to use this form on a smart phone or tablet. If so they would have problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>From the looks of it, it won't matter what they want to view it on. I'm going to be the Debbie Downer here and say this project is doomed to failure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, this project needs to be re-designed to other platform, because Indesign/Acrobat not have the options to do these tasks. Since Indesign showcased the interactive PDF features, I thought we can do these kind of work via Indesign, but they failed....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 28, 2023 Jan 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have same issue.

Initially I thought this error was caused by indesign. Until I realized the issue lies with adobe acrobat, it can't display interactive pdf properly, while chrome can display it perfectly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 28, 2023 Jan 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Multi-state PDF buttons won't work on tablets or smartphones. As mentioned, it's best to stick to simple hyperlinks as you can't normally control which Reader or Device the reader will use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines