Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Show Link behind QR-Code

Explorer ,
Oct 29, 2020 Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Community

Is there a possibility to automatically open a link behind a QR-Code in any browser?

I can't see any other option than scanning with my phone.

Thank you.

TOPICS
Feature request , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Guide , Oct 29, 2020 Oct 29, 2020

Do you want to open a link by clicking on it?

just add the same link to qr code as hyperlink

Schermata 2020-10-29 alle 10.38.52.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer , Nov 01, 2020 Nov 01, 2020

Hi @Jens Trost 

Sorry, I wasn't precise enough again.. The QR-Codes are being used in a print magazine. I just want to make sure every QR-Code works properly without having to do a lot of steps like using my phone etc.

I just want to open them on desktop for test purposes, not to use for a client because that would be against the purpose of a QR like you said.

A solution for my problem would just be that they would generate an option point when you right-click to open Hyperlink of the QR in a brows

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you want to open a link by clicking on it?

just add the same link to qr code as hyperlink

Schermata 2020-10-29 alle 10.38.52.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your answer. Sorry I wasn't precise enough.
I just want to see the Link as a preview so I can check if I used the right URL.

Not as a tool for the user.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you move the mouse over the qr code you can see the link in both InDesign and pdfSchermata 2020-10-29 alle 11.07.36.pngSchermata 2020-10-29 alle 11.08.04.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the tip. The problem in the past was, that we filled in URLs that looked good but had a mistake which would bring up an error after scanning.

Thats why I want to the test the individual codes in a browser, preferrebly without using my phone.

But that does not seem possibly without a lot of copy/paste and clicking through the QR-menu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Oct 30, 2020 Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Silvio Niklaus,
I understand what you're trying to do (since I've wanted to that myself :D) but you're missing one of the purposes of a QR code: Scan it with your phone so you won't have to type the URL and then open that URL in a browser on your mobile.
Using QR codes in an desktop enviroment makes no sense since you can always just create a hyperlink to click on it 😉

But there are apps or I believe even browser extensions which are advertising they can do that. After all this an issue which has nothing to do with InDesign.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 01, 2020 Nov 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Jens Trost 

Sorry, I wasn't precise enough again.. The QR-Codes are being used in a print magazine. I just want to make sure every QR-Code works properly without having to do a lot of steps like using my phone etc.

I just want to open them on desktop for test purposes, not to use for a client because that would be against the purpose of a QR like you said.

A solution for my problem would just be that they would generate an option point when you right-click to open Hyperlink of the QR in a browser. 

Thanks for your answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines