Highlighted

Simple?: Can a layout shift?

New Here ,
May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure why I am seeing this, but when I go back over my book, I'm finding several widows that I don't *think* were there on the first three checks.

Is there a chance that an InDesign layout can shift on its own after you complete it?

Thanks.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Simple?: Can a layout shift?

New Here ,
May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure why I am seeing this, but when I go back over my book, I'm finding several widows that I don't *think* were there on the first three checks.

Is there a chance that an InDesign layout can shift on its own after you complete it?

Thanks.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 19, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After edits, yes and if the file recomposes, by changing the hyphenation dictionary, for example.

~Barb

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 19, 2020 0
krmartel LATEST
New Here ,
May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, @BarbBinder. This makes a lot of sense... and is driving me mad. In the layout I am working on now, I'm looking at 4-5 widows over 350 pp. This author's book does have a lot of images and a few tables. I'm wondering if this makes it worse, since I have not had this kind of problem before in InDesign.

Any advice?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 19, 2020 0