• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Simple Illustrator objects places like it was a complexed shape in Indesign

Explorer ,
Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Simple illustrator objects copied into indesign places like it was a complexed shape. Not editable vector as it usually is. My preferences are set as recommended for this issue, in both Indesign and Illustrator. I have also tried to restart my computer (Macbook pro) and have the newest OS and the newest versions of CC.

Any thoughts why this could be?

Best regards,

Tine Svae

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this: select the pasted Illustrator object and ungroup (Object menu > Ungroup). Now, you can select, and edit,  individual paths and points in the object by using the Direct Selection tool (the white arrow). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your answer, but that is not the issue. The object is converted to an image into indesign, not vector - as if it was a complex shape. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines