• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Size of document for web

New Here ,
May 07, 2021 May 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying to create a digital ad for web advertising. I create a new document in InDesign and i chose "For web" and for example size 980 x 240 pxl. Then when i export the file to png the size if no longer 980 x 240 but much bigger.... What am i missing? 

If i have a set px size of an ad that i´m supposed to deliver, can´t i create the digital ad in InDesign.... ? 

TOPICS
How to , Import and export , Publish online , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ensure that InDesign is exporting at a resolution of 72ppi and your exported graphic should match the pixel dimensions of your document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In case you don't know and it's a potential issue, try not to get hung up on image resolution when creating graphics for the web. You generally only need to be concerned that you are providing images with enough pixels in terms of width and height. The resolution is actually irrelevant. As far as the web is concerned, the following two images, for example, are essentially identical…

Image 1
Width: 1000px
Height: 500px
Resolution: 72ppi

Image 2
Width: 1000px
Height: 500px
Resolution: 300ppi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines